Mental health and wellbeing has been the talk of the town. People practice various techniques such as yoga or meditation to improve their mental health and stay calm and happy. Spa treatments also prove to be beneficial to your mental health. Read more to find out 10 Spa Benefits that will make your mental health stronger.
What is Spa therapy?
If you have already tried numerous ways to stay calm and happy, then you definitely need to go for spa therapy. This may be the missing piece in your mental health puzzle. For years, spa therapy has been used by people to relax their body and mind. Now that stress levels have escalated through the roof, especially in the times of the pandemic, spa treatments are now being looked at in a whole new dimension. Spa therapy includes body massages, body wraps, facials, scrubs and other spa services. They help to provide relief from headaches, mental stress, tension, body pain, fatigue etc.
Spa Benefits for Mental Health
Spa treatment and spa services provide the following benefits for your mental health:
- Spa therapies help improve our mental health, reduce stress and anxiety levels in your body. Spa treatments are the best treatment to reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Spa treatments help relieve depressive symptoms.
- These treatments reduce the symptoms of mental health diseases such as bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and schizophrenia.
- They prevent mood swings.
- Spa treatments also help in maintaining circadian rhythm. It is your body’s biological clock that regulates the sleep-wake cycles.
- Spa treatments help your relax and this in turn regulates your sleep cycles and reduce insomnia symptoms.
- Spa services also help boost your self-confidence. These are the absolute perfect way to pamper yourself.
- It also boosts your energy levels, physical strength and emotional balance.
- Spa treatments help your relax and this imparts a positive effect on your skin and enhances your skin health.
- One of the physical health benefits to spa treatments includes reduced muscle pain through body massages. Moreover, it helps reduce symptoms of disbetes and heart disease.
How Do spa Treatments benefit Your Mental Health?
You will be probably wondering how spa treatments work. Spa treatments actually increase serotonin and dopamine levels in your body; these hormones are known as the ‘happy hormones’. Increase levels of these hormones in your body help elevate your mood. Additionally, spa treatments improve your blood circulation. Improved blood flow is a major factor for mental health as poor circulation can lead to imbalance in your body.
BENEFITS OF SPA THERAPIES FOR YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELLBEING. (2020, December 07). Retrieved from Ozmosis Health and Day Spa: https://ozmosis.com.my/benefits-of-spa-therapies-for-your-physical-and-mental-wellbeing/
Leela Eco Spa – How Spa Therapy Benefits Mental Health And Wellness – Cover. (2021, November 08). Retrieved from Leela Eco Spa: https://leelaecospa.ca/how-spa-therapy-benefits-mental-health-and-wellness/
Matt Poteet, P. (2020, October 08). How a Day at the Spa Can Benefit Your Mental Health. Retrieved from Compounding pharmacy of America: https://compoundingrxusa.com/blog/spa-benefit-mental-health/
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
What's Your Reaction?
Samira is a Middle-Eastern beauty expert passionate about skincare and makeup. Samira lived in different Arabic countries and worked in some of the most prestigious beauty centres in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. That is how Samira acquired most of her knowledge about beauty and the Arabic skincare rituals.