People who have a sensitive skin or their skin gets irritated very easily or suffer from frequent acne breakouts keep looking for solutions to fix the problem. They may have tried countless cleansers, face washes, moisturizers and toners but none of them may have delivered the desirable results. The aim of most of these products is to clean your pores and help you get rid of acne breakouts and skin irritation. But here is an interesting fact to state; your body does the same job naturally with sweat and spending some time in sauna is a great way to sweat!
How to get better skin through a sauna?
Have you ever tried a sauna to aid your skincare routine? One of the main benefits of trying a sauna is clean and ultimately shrunken pores and improved acne. Saunas not only work as a treatment of acne but also prevent acne breakouts in future.
This article discusses how you can get a heathier and better looking skin naturally by spending your time in saunas.
- Remember to drink plenty of water to improve your hydration levels. Carry a water bottle with you and drink while you sit in the sauna for best results. Drinking plenty of water will help remove toxins from your body which can release from your pores while sweating and cause further acne breakouts.
- Prepare the affected areas of your skin, particularly those areas that are suffering from an acne breakout, before entering a sauna
- Use the ideal facial cleanser that best suits your skin type. If you have an acne-prone skin, make sure to use a gentle facial cleanser that is specially formulated for your skin condition. Cleansing is an essential step because it helps remove any dirt, oil, makeup or sweat from the pores and protects against further clogging of pores in the sauna.
- Activate your pores via gentle abrasion
- Make sure that you are sweating actively
- Take a cold bath immediately after your sauna session. A cold shower is recommended because it shrinks the size of your pores and closes them, protecting against acne breakouts.
- Hydrate your skin afterwards with a hypoallergenic lotion. This will help extend the benefits of your sauna treatment.
What are the benefits of Sauna for your skin?
- A trip to the sauna can help clean your pores naturally and prevent acne breakouts. Clogged pores and blocked sebaceous glands contribute towards whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and boils. Sebum is secreted from the oil glands and helps in keeping your skin moist. But if this sebum mixes with dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells, it can result in appearance of acne.
- When you sweat in the sauna, more oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the skin as a result of improved circulation. This can help reduce acne flare-ups.
- Sauna can help reduce the signs of aging, particularly the loss of plumpness of your skin. This is because when you sweat in a sauna, it enhances the production of collagen within your skin.
Saunas & Skin Benefits by Dr Dray
What's Your Reaction?
Sara is a pro-makeup artist who's been working with some of the biggest cosmetic brands. While makeup is Sara's passion, she also enjoys travelling the world to enrich her beauty career.