When it comes to diet and weight lose, we hear lot of myth. Some people even start skipping meals instead of listening to their bodies.
On this article you are going to learn some facts about food that you can enjoy as much as you want, that will help you lose weight. The secret is that, these food are very low in calories but make you feel full for longer period. In addition, some of the food we are going to list have a great satiating effect and others are even suitable for losing weight faster, since they accelerate the metabolism, that is, they increase the burning of fat while you rest.
Let’s see what are the 5 food that we can eat to help us lose weight:
- Peas: The peas are halfway between protein and vegetables. The high protein content of this food causes the body to spend more energy digesting them.
- Salmon & Tuna: Salmon is one of those foods that always appears on these types of healthy food lists. This type of fatty fish (we must also mention trout, mackerel, sardines and herring) are very rich in healthy fats and proteins. In addition to other necessary nutrients such as iodine.
- Green Veggies: Leafy green vegetables, such as lettuce, cabbage, spinach or Swiss chard. These veggies have several benefits that make them an essential food in any diet. They are low in calories and carbohydrates, but rich in fiber. They are perfect as a garnish, to increase the volume of our meals without increasing their caloric intake.
- Oranges: Oranges are one of the fruits that most suppresses the hunger for its large amount of water and fiber. When peeling it don’t remove the white part of the skin because there is a lot of soluble fiber concentrated there which it will help you feel full for longer.
- Mushrooms: You can eat as many mushrooms as you want. They have almost no fat and very few calories (20 kcal / 100 g) instead. They contain a high percentage of water (between 80 and 90%) and a lot of fiber.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.