Frizz is one of the main hair problems, especially in wavy or curly hair. If you want to stand up to it, now it will be much easier for you. Frizz is the great enemy to beat by many women. Yes, okay, we also hate split ends and dryness, but all these things tend to go together and have a single culprit: lack of hydration. And it is that the frizz occurs when the hair “absorbs” the environmental humidity and swells. Therefore, when it rains, the problem is even worse…
The good news is that the more hydrated your hair is, the less frizz it will suffer. However, in addition to buying a mask by the ton, there are other things you can do. Here are seven tricks that really work to get rid of that damn frizz once and for all.
3 tricks to end frizzy hair:
- Keep your hair long: Your haircut has a lot to do with making it more or less frizzy. If you want to escape the frizz effect, you have two options: wear your hair very short or very long. The midi lengths are the ones that suffer the most from frizz. However, long layers and blunt ends are best.
- Avoid heat tools as much as possible: It may seem like your hair is much better when you straighten it, but in the long run, that only dries your hair more, which ends up leading to more frizz. It is best to let it air dry in its natural shape. If you need to use the dryer, better do it with a diffuser and not dry it completely. In this way, the weight of the water makes it less frizzy.
- Use a hair serum: Styling products are essential because they provide extra hydration. Oils are a good option too.
- Use hair conditioner and masks: Hydration is essential. Choose a hairline that specially formulated to control frizz, and alternate using a conditioner with a mask.
- Brush only with damp hair: Brushing your hair, especially if it is wavy or curly when it is dry is a mistake that only increases the frizz. Do it only when you have it wet and if you need to comb it at another time, do it only with your hands or with a wide-toothed comb.