Do Beauty Supplements Really Work, And What Are The Best?
For the past few decades, women have switched to the use of creams and superfoods for the sake of beauty. The concept of a healthy diet containing all the essential vitamins and minerals has vanished. Still, some women believe that beauty supplements help to increase the overall health and beauty of their bodies. They have taken these beauty vitamins as supplements, ingestible capsules, or gummies. They have been proven to improve the skin, hair, and nails.
Now you must be wondering what are these beauty vitamins and do they work to enhance the beauty of our bodies. This article answers most of your questions.
What Are Beauty Supplements?
Beauty Supplements are all those vitamins that help keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy. Here we look at a few of them and the benefits they impart.
- Vitamin A:
- Vitamin A helps prevent acne breakouts
- It promotes wound healing
- It provides a natural moisturizing effect to your skin.
- Vitamin A moisturizes your scalp and hence keeps your hair healthy and shiny.
- Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C penetrates your skin in the form of ascorbic acid and imparts a hydrating effect to your skin.
- Vitamin C boosts collagen production and helps fight the signs of aging.
- It is rich in antioxidants and protects the skin cells. Vitamin C does this by donating its electron to the free radicals and saving healthy skin cells from damage.
- It helps reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin C reduces hair loss and improves hair growth.
- Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D helps form new hair follicles and helps hair regrow after they have fallen out.
- It prevents hair from premature greying.
- It decreases inflammation in the skin.
- Vitamin E:
- Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and protects our skin cells from damage.
- Some studies suggest that Vitamin E supplements prevent hair loss and improve growth. The antioxidant properties of this vitamin help reduce oxidative stress on the scalp. Oxidative stress has proved to be a cause of hair loss.
- When the protective layer of fat on your hair cuticle is removed, your hair loses its shine and becomes dull and frizzy. Vitamin E oil can help replace that protective layer and bring back the brightness of your hair. It also helps lock in moisture and reduces breakage.
- Some studies suggest that vitamin E oil increases blood supply to the scalp and encourages hair growth when applied to the scalp.
Blumberg, D. L. (2021, June 12). Nutrients for Healthy Skin. Retrieved from Web MD: https://www.webmd.com/beauty/nutrients-for-healthy-skin
Mcdonell, K. (2021, August 17). The 5 Best Vitamins for Hair Growth (+3 Other Nutrients). Retrieved from Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-vitamins-hair-growth
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.