Winter affects our entire body, it is widely known as it affects the respiratory system and bones, but we must not forget about the skin. The skin in winter, as in summer, is exposed to inclement weather, the areas being most sensitive to cold; cheeks, lips, neck, décolleté, and hands.
Therefore, it is important to follow the tips bellow:
- Hydrate your skin: Daily hydration or even several times a day is fundamental. This is especially important in those who suffer from some dermatosis (atopic dermatitis, psoriasis …).
- Avoid excessive handwashing: People who wash their hand repeatedly for work reasons; tend to have chapped and extremely dried hands. To avoid this, the use of gloves, hydration and barrier effect creams is essential.
- Moisturize your lips and protect them from ultraviolet light: The lips suffer a lot in winter, even more so if you have some basic alteration. Keeping your lips hydrated in winter will help a lot.
- Avoid aggressive products: When washing hands, face, and body use mild and dermatologically tested products.
- Take care of your diet: Increase your intake of vitamin C and antioxidants. Do not forget to drink between 1.5-2 litres of water a day. This will keep your skin hydrated.
What's Your Reaction?
The Woman Behind BeautyLife Magazine, Chief Editor of the BeautyLife Media Group and Quality Curator of Products Reviews. Beauty Addict, Polyglot, Aviator and a Globetrotter.