Hooded Eyes Makeup Guide
How to Create Flawless Winged Eyeliner on Hooded Eyes?
It’s the little details that grab attention and complete your look. Chic and flattering, winged eyeliner is a classic look that never goes out of style. Whether it is a dramatic wing or a sexy feline flick, winged eyeliner defines your eyes to create an alluring look.
A beauty staple that dates back to ancient Egypt, nailing this eyeliner look is not as tricky as it may seem. Even for hooded eyes! Get the perfect winged eyeliner look for hooded eyes by following these simple steps.
Step 1 – Preparation
Always begin your eye makeup by prepping your eyelids. Use a concealer or a foundation to prime your eyelids. Priming helps to create a smooth base for the eyeliner.
Next, set the foundation with powder to ensure a long-lasting and smudge-free look. It keeps your wings sharp and intense.
Step 2 – Picking the Right Eyeliner
Experiment with different types of eyeliner to know what’s best for you. The shape of hooded eyes makes it difficult to maintain a mess-free eyeliner look. Instead, go for a smudge-proof eyeliner to create wings that stay sharp all day.
Step 3 – Extending the Wing
Start with a thin line from the edge of your outer eye where the waterline ends. Extend it towards the temple. A high and long line gives a dramatic effect.
Step 4 – Drawing the Wing
Draw a line from the tip of the wing to the hooded part of your eye. Here, you can sharpen the line. Make sure to do this step while looking straight ahead. Use small strokes to fill in the wing.
Step 5 – Connecting the Wing
Looking down, draw a curved line that connects the edge of the triangle to the middle of your eyelid. Perfecting this step might take a few trials. After connecting the wing to your lash line, fill it in.
Step 6 – Drawing the Lash line
Line your eyelid along the lash line till the inner corner. Keep it as thin as possible. Use a concealer with a pointed brush to keep the line clean. Coat your lashes with mascara to add a glamorous effect.
Your winged eyeliner is complete!
Here are some additional tips for winged eyeliner on hooded eyes.
- For a playful and edgy look, extend the inner corners to make it sharp.
- Make your eyelashes look fuller by tracing along the upper waterline.
- Draw long wings that go upward to avoid appearing weighed down. This technique balances out the shape of a hooded eye.
- Sketch out the shape with thin lines before you go all in. It gives you an idea of how the final look would appear.
- Always draw your eyeliner with your eye open. If you close your eye to draw the eyeliner, the shape might change when you open the eye. It is especially true for hooded eyes. To create the perfect wing, keep your eye open while drawing it.
Above all, remember to have fun while creating the classic winged look!
What's Your Reaction?
Sara is a pro-makeup artist who's been working with some of the biggest cosmetic brands. While makeup is Sara's passion, she also enjoys travelling the world to enrich her beauty career.