Just as you take care of your breasts when you exercise choose the sports bra that suits your needs, you also have to pay attention to the one you wear for your day to day life. Choosing the right bra is crucial and dispensing with this garment. Your bra plays a big role in your breasts’s health.
Many women don’t know that they should choose the right bra cup size for better comfort and support. Choosing the right cup size is important and that is why it is necessary to be advised by the store assistant.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a bra:
- The bra’s bottom band should be at the same height in the front and back, fitting around the chest. If it goes up from behind, it means that it is not your correct size.
- The cups should collect the entire chest. If it’s compressed, you probably need one more cup.
- The straps must fit perfectly to the shoulders, leaving only a few millimetres of margin.
- The bridge between both breasts should be smooth; If both are too close together, you should choose a size larger.
- Never buy bras when you’re ovulating or having your period. The size may vary.
When in doubt between two bra sizes, choose the larger one. A bra that is too tight and oppresses you can cause pain and problems to your breasts. It is not advisable to use very thin straps, since they stick and can cause marks and scratches on the skin. Nor should they be worn too tight or too “loose”.