How to Get Rid of Facial Scars?
Facial scars can be a big problem for many people since they give an uneven appearance to the skin.
Eliminating the scars is almost impossible, but we can gradually reduce their appearance. First of all, let’s find out what types of scars exist.
- Normal: Normal scars have the appearance of a very fine and shallow line, the same colour as your skin.
- Atrophic: They are the most common on the face. They are caused by acne, and their appearance is that of small deep holes.
- Hypertrophic: Hypertrophic appear when there is an excess of collagen in the affected area. They appear as thick elevations of the tissue that exceed the level of the skin.
- Keloids: Keloid scars have the same features as the hypertrophic, but their appearance is bulkier.
- Contractures: They are produced by burns or scalds. They cause a kind of deformation in the affected area.
How to treat facial scars at home?
- Natural oils: Some natural oils have excellent healing power. The most recommended are Rosehip oil, Castor oil and Almond oil.
- Scrubs: Facial scrubs are used to remove dead cells and promote regeneration of the dermis.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel serves to speed up the healing process. Make sure that you use a 100% pure and natural type of gel.
- Supplements: Vitamins and supplements such as vitamin A and C help increase collagen and regenerate the skin to prevent its oxidation.
- Hydration: Keeping your skin hydrated is one of the essential things to do to treat your scars once they healed.
- Scar creams: Many cosmetic brands and dermatologists have created and developed some fantastic scar treatments that can work and help you reduce the appearance of your facial scars.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.