Retinol is considered the best anti-ageing agent for ladies. It can make women look younger than their age as it prevents the appearance of dark spots, softens wrinkles, etc. Retinol can be found in both serum and cream, which provides the consumers choice on which one to try out. Although, experts prefer creams over serums. Either way, both sides of retinol are used worldwide by thousands of people every day. Check out the below-mentioned information to learn about the benefits of retinol and how to apply it like a pro for incredible results.
Retinol, also considered a “miracle” product for the masses, is a derivative of vitamin A. Therefore, its anti-ageing benefits can not only be reaped by using creams and serums but also by consuming products with high amounts of vitamin A. Therefore, you should mostly try consuming supplements with a high abundance of vitamin A and anti-ageing properties like sweet potatoes, eggs, and carrots.
Benefits or issues that can be achieved or prevented by using retinol:
- Increase in the speed of skin renewal.
- It helps in the prevention of wrinkles and fine lines from appearing on the face.
- Provides consumers with shiny skin and minimizes breakouts.
- Reduces the chance of hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and age spots from surfacing on the skin.
- It helps achieve an even skin tone that is far smoother, radiant, and fuller.
Serum vs. Cream
Retinol serum is a water-based anti-ageing agent that treats skin problems, including acne. It is a vitamin A metabolite and is popular among the masses for its miracle skin benefits and high levels of ingredients. In addition, the serum is ideal for people who prefer custom skin moisturizers.
Retinol cream is also a vitamin A metabolite that acts as an anti-ageing cream and prevents acne and other skin-related issues. It also has added moisturizers that make it an ideal skin moisturizer that can clog up skin pores. This ability makes it the perfect choice for treating dry skin and the best product to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, most experts value retinol cream over serum because it forms a protective layer above the skin, whereas the serum being water-based, gets absorbed by the skin.
How to Apply Retinol Like a Pro
For the grand finale, here are the guidelines to become an absolute master at layering skin with retinol.
Pick yourself an 0.01% to 0.03% OTC retinol product and most preferably wait till evening.
- First, make sure you don’t have any makeup on.
- If you, by chance, have put on makeup, clean it off using either oil or gel-based cleanser.
- Wash your face and apply a toner later.
- Next, take a small drop of an amount of retinol on the tip of any of your fingers.
- Dot the retinol on different facial spots: forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, etc.
- Gently, begin massaging and use the product at least 2 to 3 days a week.
- After 10 to 20 minutes, apply a moisturizer. If you have dry skin, then you can top it off using facial oil.
What's Your Reaction?
Dalia is an experienced makeup artist and a skincare expert that owned different high-end beauty centres in some of Europe's sought-after countries, such as Switzerland, Spain, and France. One of Dalia's goals is to share her knowledge with her audience to help them get all the information they need while getting inspired.