How To Reduce And Relief Anxiety?
Anxiety is characterized by excessive worry and stress that a person cannot control. It is mainly caused by any anticipated event, such as a stressful occasion, or a traumatic event. It can present as a restless, irritable, worried, and debilitating stress response, which can last from a few minutes to hours.
Signs Of Anxiety
The following signs and symptoms can present in a person suffering from Anxiety:
Emotionally it can present as:
- Panic attacks
- Excessive worry
- Sleep disturbance
Physically it can present as:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Increased heart rate
Tips To Reduce Anxiety
Following are the tips to combat Anxiety:
Stress and Anxiety can tense your body’s muscles, such as those of the head, neck, and shoulders. Also, you may experience problems such as insomnia, diarrhea, and heartburn. Short workout sessions can help in stress relief. It causes the release of relaxing hormones within your body that helps relax the tensed muscles and relieve tension.
Deep breathing helps in reducing stress and maintaining blood pressure. It can help you to relax and reduce your Anxiety. Other benefits of deep breathing include:
- It ebbs and maintains blood pressure
- It relaxes muscles and the mind
- It provides relief from joint and body aches.
How to relax with deep breathing?
- Try to do this exercise in the fresh air in your garden or lawn. If not possible, you can do it inside your house too.
- Take deep breaths slowly. Inhale and exhale at a slow pace.
- While inhaling, you may feel your ribcage expanding. Take a deep breath and occupy all of your lungs completely.
- Remember to take deep, slow breaths, so you do not catch a breath.
- Repeat this two times a day.
Meditation is considered a medicine for your mind and soul.
- Mindfulness meditation is a form of meditation in which you go through the feelings and sensations you are experiencing at the present moment. Mindfulness meditation improves your memory and your attentional capacity. It relieves stress and Anxiety as you focus on the present moment and keep aside all the stresses in your mind. By focusing on the present moment with your conscious mind, you tend to lower cortisol levels in your body, which is the stress hormone. In this way, you can get relief from stress-related disorders such as hypertension, headache, and indigestion.
- Another type of meditation is walking meditation, also known as “kinhin.” It refers to mindful walking with eyes closed and focusing on feelings and sensations in the present moment. It is the best way to relax your mind and body.
Reading your favorite novels can help you relax and enjoy your free time. It helps your mind escape all the worries and takes you to another dimension where you completely forget all your stresses and worries.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.