Healthy hair is soft, shiny, and manageable, with a healthy appearance. If your hair is damaged, the cuticle that protects the inside of the hair fiber has been gradually worn down. This exposes the inner layers and causes visible damage as a result.
When we talk about how to repair damaged hair, there is no universal answer. Each hair, each mane, and each routine is a world.
What Are The Side Effects Of Damaged Hair?
Damaged and brittle hair is often difficult to style and control. In addition, it can be prone to frizz if it’s curly, split ends or even a “straw” look for blonde hair. Having fragile and brittle hair is also a disadvantage for good hair growth. Although the hair grows at the root, it breaks at length. This makes the unpleasant sensation that the hair grows slowly or does not grow at all. Therefore, damaged and broken hair have different lengths. This can deteriorate the aesthetic appearance of the cut.
How To Repair Damaged Hair?
It may be a good idea to cut your hair for a healthy start if the ends are damaged and split. Shortening it a few centimetres would allow you to remove the most damaged part, which is sometimes the most difficult to untangle. Whether you decide to cut it or not, damaged hair is hungry. Hair is hungry for regenerating treatments that act in depth and over the long term to restore its strength and silky appearance.
Six Ways To Repair Damaged Hair
- Using a mask with nourishing properties in treatments of 3 weeks or one month will be very beneficial for damaged hair.
- The other thing to do is go to a beauty salon to get a proper diagnosis and, better yet, apply a much more intensive and professional treatment than those you can use at home.
- Wash the hair with a specific shampoo and conditioner that will help you untangle it daily.
- Once a week, apply a mask, in this case, to repair and hydrate the hair, leaving it to act for 20 or 30 minutes.
- It would be better to let the hair dry in the air so as not to use a heat tool such as a dryer or flat iron, which will continue to damage it.
- It is ideal to use a few drops of serum that seal the ends, provide slight hydration and give a brighter appearance.
Other Precautions To Have In Mind
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to safeguard your hair from these problems. Another important precaution to have in mind is that under the sun, it is important to take care of your hair with adapted and water-resistant protective care. After exposure, a nutrient-repairing sun mask will do wonders for even the most damaged hair.
What's Your Reaction?
Julia is a professional hairstylist that worked in different hair salons in the U.K and Australia. Julia has worked with some of the greatest hair care brands and attended many Hairstyling fairs in Europe and North America. Julia is here to share her tips and knowledge with you, to help you get that "dream hair" you want.