How to Take Good Care of Your Skin when You Fly
Taking good care of your skin is essential while you are traveling. Being away from home, but, specially flying stresses the skin and dehydrates it.
Did you know that the airplane is the most aggressive means of transport for the skin due to the dryness of the environment? Our body gets very dehydrated onboard an airplane.
Here are some of tips you need to know to take care of your skin while you fly:
- Hydrate yourself by drinking more water than you usually drink on the ground.
- Remove your makeup on long haul flights.
- Avoid wearing Makeup before flying.
- Instead of wearing Makeup during the flight, apply it 30 min before landing.
- Use a good moisturiser or a face mask during the flight.
- Apply a lip balm to hydrate your lips more often.
- Remember to use eye patches.
- Avoid eating onboard meals, eat fresh fruits and veggies instead.
The pressurisation system is what keeps the cabin pressurised so we can breathe. This pressurisation can be very bad for our bodies if we don’t drink water onboard. We asked flight crews of different airlines about the amount of water they drink to keep themselves hydrated. They operate few flights a day, some of them long haul flights. The answer was that, they drink about 1/2 litre of water per flying hour.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.