The Complete Guide to Choosing a Condom – Contraception & Health.
We all know that using a condom is vital in sexual intercourse, but sometimes it is normal for you to feel somewhat lost when choosing. Buying condoms is not just a matter for people with a penis. We are all responsible for taking care of our own sexual health and being prepared: the responsibility must be shared.
The condom as a contraceptive method: everything you should know.
If you want to know how to find the correct size, what is the difference between the different condoms or if there is a model that can help you feel more, reassure, you are in the right place. We have developed a very comprehensive guide in which we will try to tell you everything you always wanted to know about condoms.
A condom is a barrier-type contraception method, usually made of latex, that is placed over the penis to prevent unwanted pregnancy and protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The condom is the only contraceptive method that prevents the spread of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Benefits of using Condoms:
- Condoms are much more than a contraceptive: The condom is excellent as a method to prevent unwanted pregnancies, but in case you did not know, let us tell you that it is the only method capable of also preventing the spread of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) such as HIV, chlamydia, or human papillomavirus.
- No medical prescription is required: You can buy any condom without a prescription. In Diversual’s condom, you have different options of condoms available so that you are always protected.
- NO side effects: As it is not a hormonal treatment, you can use it without causing in your body the effects that other contraceptives can generate. Also, for people allergic to latex, there are latex-free condoms made of other materials.
- It can improve your sexual experience: Retardant, striated, ultra-thin condoms … The condom can even improve sexual intercourse if you want to know how we tell you in our article on how to have good sex with a condom without dying trying.
Types of Condoms:
- CLASSICS: They are the regular condoms that have always been used. They are made of latex and are generally whitish. Depending on the brand, they will be more or less pleasing according to the degree of sensitivity you want to achieve.
- RETARDANTS: This type of condom is created for those who are thinking of prolonging the pleasure a little more.
- TEXTURED: Textured condoms have a superior design that allows you to achieve maximum pleasure. There is a different variety of textures to adapt to all needs: condoms with points, grooves etc. They are ideal if you want to add an extra punch of excitement.
- WITH FLAVORS: There are condoms with different flavours so you can give an additional touch to sexual encounters, from more traditional flavours such as vanilla or chocolate to the most surprising flavours such as champagne.
- FEMALE CONDOMS: This type of condom fulfils the same function as male condoms, being placed inside the vagina to conform to its walls. In this way, it also prevents the sperm from reaching the ovum, also protecting against Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
- FOR ORAL SEX: These condoms are designed to be able to enjoy oral sex safely. They are latex sheets with a very silky touch that act as a barrier during oral sex (both vaginal and anal).
- SPECIAL: Latex-free condoms: they are designed for people with some exceptional sensitivity or allergy to latex.
- XXL condoms: These are perfect for those cases in which a larger size is needed than the rest of condoms’ measurements.
What's Your Reaction?
The Woman Behind BeautyLife Magazine, Chief Editor of the BeautyLife Media Group and Quality Curator of Products Reviews. Beauty Addict, Polyglot, Aviator and a Globetrotter.