The Importance of a Good Intimate Hygiene
Intimate hygiene is one of the most important duties of the human being. If you do not maintain good intimate hygiene, you would be harmed in many aspects that can negatively influence your day, leading to different types of infections, especially in your reproductive system.
The vagina is designed to keep itself clean with the help of natural secretions (discharge). To keep your vagina clean and healthy, you don’t need douches or vaginal wipes; the only things you need are a balanced diet and water to keep good intimate hygiene.
The vagina is a tube of muscle inside a woman’s body that runs from the cervix to the vaginal opening. The external sex organs, which are called the vulva, surround the vaginal opening. Taking care of your everyday health can help keep your vagina in a good balance and away from infections.
Recommendations for a good intimate hygiene
- You can buy toilet paper made of soft materials and should be colourless.
- Most importantly, it is advisable to clean your private parts from front to back with gentle movements, so you will not hurt yourself and avoid cause of infections.
- As the last step, you can either take a bath or wash your private parts with plenty of soap and water in a bidet or shower.
- Avoid using the soap on your vulva; it’s better only to use water.
- The friction with the paper can cause scratches or small wounds. In that case, it is important to use good hygienic paper and soft towels.
It is healthier to cleanse yourself with water in the bidet
According to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, a gram of faeces can contain about 10 million viruses, a million different bacteria, a thousand parasite cysts, and a hundred worm eggs.
The risk is higher for women. In your case, the anus is dangerously close to the vagina, which can cause bacteria to enter the urethra and lead to an infection. For this reason, keep in mind to always keep your private parts clean.
What's Your Reaction?
The Woman Behind BeautyLife Magazine, Chief Editor of the BeautyLife Media Group and Quality Curator of Products Reviews. Beauty Addict, Polyglot, Aviator and a Globetrotter.