Vampire Facelift: Purpose, Results, Risks and How it’s Done?￼￼￼￼￼￼
Vampire facelift is a dermatologic or cosmetic procedure that is also called a platelet-rich plasma facelift. This cosmetic procedure provides the benefits of reducing signs of aging and provides a skin lifting effect.
How Does Vampire Facelift Procedure Work?
Your dermatologist will draw blood from your arm and then place it in a centrifuge machine. A centrifuge machine spins at a very high velocity and separates the platelet-rich plasma from your blood. This platelet-rich plasma together with hyaluronic acid is then injected into your skin to achieve the following benefits:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Diminishes acne scars and marks
- Brighten skin complexion
- Plumps skin
The great efficacy of this procedure is due to the nutrient-rich plasma that is injected back into your skin. Your plasma also contains growth factors that increase cell turnover and increase collagen and elastin production for younger and firmer-looking skin.
How Much Does the Procedure Cost?
A vampire facelift costs somewhere between $1500 to $2000. For some people, it may cost $3000 depending on the need of the skin and the amount of filler needed.
Since vampire facelift is a cosmetic procedure so it is not covered by your insurance.
What to Expect During the Procedure?
- First your doctor will make you sit on a comfortable chair and then clean your arm from where he/she desires to withdraw your blood.
- Then your doctor will withdraw your blood and collect it in a small test tube. Also, he/she will apply numbing cream to the targeted area so that the area numbs in the meanwhile.
- Next, your doctor will place the test tube containing the blood in a centrifuge machine that will separate the platelet-rich plasma as a top layer.
- Some doctors first inject fillers into deep-creased or deep-wrinkled areas and then inject the platelet-rich plasma into other areas to achieve maximum results.
- The plasma is injected via a tiny needle that does not cause much pain.
What to Expect After Vampire Facelift?
Since this is a less invasive procedure, the downtime is minimal. But you can notice skin redness after the procedure that vanishes over time. You can apply an ice pack or Tylenol if your dermatologist recommends to reduce pain and soothe the skin surface.
You may notice immediate plumping effects from the hyaluronic acid fillers and it may take about 2-3 weeks to notice results from the platelet-rich plasma. These results include skin evenness and glow. However, the results of a vampire facelift are not permanent and may last for 1 year. You will need to repeat a session after a year to maintain the skin glow and evenness.
The Risks or Complications
Risks or side effects of vampire facelift include:
- Tingling/ burning sensation
The Vampire Facelift® at our clinics in Plymouth & Wells. (2017, January 30). Retrieved from Skin Excellence clinics: https://www.skinexcellenceclinics.co.uk/treatments/prp-platelet-rich-plasma-skin-rejuvenation-the-vampire-facelift/
Everything You Need to Know about the Trendy ‘Vampire Facial’
Botox: Purpose, Procedure, Results, Risks and How it’s Made?
What's Your Reaction?
Dalia is an experienced makeup artist and a skincare expert that owned different high-end beauty centres in some of Europe's sought-after countries, such as Switzerland, Spain, and France. One of Dalia's goals is to share her knowledge with her audience to help them get all the information they need while getting inspired.