What is Dull Skin and How to Treat It?
Dull skin tone is a result of excess dead skin cells that build upon the skin’s surface. Your skin can lose its natural luminosity because of dryness, damaged cells or slow cell turnover, all of which can happen at any age and in any season. This can make your face feel rough or bumpy and give the skin a dull, lacklustre appearance. Loss of that healthy glow isn’t always related to age. Learn what dull skin is and what signs to look out for, so you can be on your way to reclaiming a more vibrant, youthful complexion.
What causes dullness in the skin?
When dead skin cells build up on the outer layers of your skin, it can cause your skin to look dull, dry, and flakey and can even clog your pores. Regular exfoliation can prevent this from happening. … “This can help to plump up the skin, making it look younger, smoother, and healthier.”
Dry skin can quickly take on the appearance of being dull and lifeless. This is especially true during the winter months when the air is cold and dry or live in a very low humidity climate.
Dehydration is another reason why your skin might be looking dull. If you aren’t drinking enough water, it’ll likely affect the appearance of your skin. Drinking plenty of water will help boost hydration from below your skin’s surface.
How to treat and rejuvenate dull skin?
- Make exfoliation part of your routine. Regular exfoliation is key to a glowing complexion.
- Add a serum to your skincare serum. Preferably a serum that contains vitamin C.
- Use facial masks; treating yourself to a weekly face mask is another excellent tool to get your skin glowing.
- Wear sunscreens to protect your skin from UV rays and premature ageing.
- Consider a cosmetic procedure by a dermatologist to help you improve the appearance of your skin.
- Stimulate Collagen production by providing your skin with vitamin A derivatives to normalize skin cell turnover.
What's Your Reaction?
The Woman Behind BeautyLife Magazine, Chief Editor of the BeautyLife Media Group and Quality Curator of Products Reviews. Beauty Addict, Polyglot, Aviator and a Globetrotter.