Nail health can be a strong indicator of your overall health. Plenty of nutrients can help your nails, taking them from dehydrated and breakable to healthy and strong.
In addition to external aggressions, stress or even hormones can take their toll and cause a dry or brittle appearance in your nails. The best way to help your nail become healthier is taking care of them from the inside.
Here are some of the nutrients that will make your nails unbreakable, healthy and strong:
- Eggs: In addition to proteins, fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins such as A and D, it provides biotin (Vit. B8) that participates in cell growth and is vital for producing keratin, an essential protein for the skin, hair and nails.
- Nuts: Among its vitamins, those of group B and E stand out, with an antioxidant effect, which helps to have healthy, denser and shiny nails. And of its minerals, selenium stands out, whose deficiency weakens the nails and also the hair.
- Fish: Fish is a good source of protein, iron and vitamin B12, it is rich in omega 3, which has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to give nails luminosity. It also provides vitamin D that, according to some studies, promotes the growth of the nails.
- Avocado: Rich in vitamins B and E, protein, and folic acid, that is great for nail growth and strength.
- Dairies: Dairy products are essential to maintain healthy and strong nails. Calcium and vitamin D help strengthen nails.
- Red meats: Red meat is very rich in protein and iron that help to maintain good levels of protein and iron inside your nails.
There are also plenty of food supplements that you can take in order to make your nails grow healthy and strong. These supplements can be found in different shops, and it includes vitamins, minerals and many other types of nutrients that you need for your nails, hair and skin.
As you can see, there are numerous beneficial foods for nail care. But you can also apply natural products directly on them to provide the nutrients and extra care they need.
What's Your Reaction?
The Woman Behind BeautyLife Magazine, Chief Editor of the BeautyLife Media Group and Quality Curator of Products Reviews. Beauty Addict, Polyglot, Aviator and a Globetrotter.