Vitamins & Supplements for a Rejuvenated Skin.
Your skin, courtesy of its protective task and glamour quotient, is an essential part of your body and persona. But, slowly but surely, your skin is going to start drying out due to the ageing process or lack of proper amounts of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. To prevent such skin issues, we have planned the perfect skin regimen for you. Our regimen covers crucial vitamins and supplements you need for healthy and rejuvenated skin. So, here’s your opportunity to learn in-depth about vitamins and supplements one needs for healthy and rejuvenated skin.
All of your skin layers need sufficient amounts of vitamin A daily. Vitamin A also protects your skin from harmful sun rays and possible sunburns. Even if it may not be as efficient as sunscreen, it works as a regenerative agent and heals scrapes and any minor damage to your skin.
You can consider vitamin C as a distant relative to collagen. It is a powerful oxidant, which protects you from free radicals and reduces the chances of skin cancer.
Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and even an anti-inflammatory that can absorb energy from UV rays. In addition, it works with vitamin C to strengthen skin cell walls.
All the proteins in the food that you consume turn into amino acids inside the body. Later, this acid is used to form other types of proteins, for example, skin-improving proteins like keratin and collagen.
Foods and Supplements
Yes, foods and supplements are part of day-to-day lives. However, the main thing that matters is what kind and quality of food and supplements you intake. Here are some fundamental ingredients that you should add to your dishes and meals to achieve healthy skin.
- Add fatty fishes like salmon, sardines, etc. The protein that you would gain from these supplements is omega-3s fatty acids and selenium.
- Cook veggie meals with dark green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, etc. You would gain vitamin A, C, E, and omega-3s fatty acids.
- Eggs would give you proteins like vitamin A and E, selenium, and zinc.
- Flaxseeds would provide you with omega-3s, selenium.
- Legumes like lentils and chickpeas would give you zinc.
- Avocados would provide healthy fats and vitamin C and E
- Extra virgin olive oil would give you healthy fats and vitamin E (recommendation: use Spanish olive oil for more health benefits.)
- Healthy fats can surely increase weight, but it happens if only you eat too many fatty foods regularly. Healthy fats are the oily foods that you eat in a small quantity over time. Consumption of healthy fats and their oil leaves your skin with a shiny glow.
Why is Vitamins for Skin Important
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.