Yoga is a practice that connects the body, the breathing and the mind.
Yoga uses physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve overall health. Yoga was developed as a spiritual practice thousands of years ago.
This ancient discipline is one of the best comprehensive care systems that exist. In yoga, body, mind and spirit are strengthened and calmed with the practice of asanas, breathing and meditation.
Let’s see 10 of the benefits of practicing Yoga:
- Improves breathing.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Increases your flexibility.
- It improves your balance.
- Strengthens muscles and bones.
- Balances the Nervous System.
- Increases sleep’s quality and helps you sleep better.
- It contributes to relieving chronic and postural pain.
- Burns calories.
- Reduces blood cortisol and cholesterol levels.
Many of the benefits of Yoga are backed by scientific studies and, consequently, doctors and therapists from various disciplines that recommend a habitual and progressive practice, adapted to each person and to each moment of their life.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.