You may not believe it or hear it very often, but age is reflected faster in the hands than in the face…
It is time that you take action on the matter and here we help you to know how to take care of your hands. Normally women worry excessively about taking care of their faces, to prevent ageing and without knowing it, they neglect other very important parts of the body, which will also reveal your age. The latest scientific studies have revealed that the hands are the area of the body that ages the fastest, so you should pay special care and attention.
In the United States, Ellen Marmur, chief of dermatology and cosmetic surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center New York, confirms that the hands are the part of the body most susceptible to the first signs of ageing, due to their thinness and lack of fat.
How to slow down the ageing process of your hands?
Despite the delicacy of the hands, it is very possible to keep them young and smooth for a long time, if you take all the corresponding precautions and if you add their care to your daily beauty ritual.
There are many creams on the market that attack this problem, however, not all of them really work.
See some of the essential steps to follow for good care of your hands:
- Good hand soap: The use of a good hand soap that respects your skin, is the most important thing you need to do. You can choose one with essential oils to gently clean, nourish and soothe your hands at the same time.
- Exfoliate: The back of the hands is one of the most delicate parts of the body, so it is highly recommended to exfoliate your hands once a week to help remove dead cells.
- Hydration: Always try to use the cream after washing your hands and remember to use one that contains rich ingredients. This will help slow the effects of ageing and keep your hands healthy.
- Sun protection: The ideal would be to have a sunscreen cream to protects you from the sun’s rays in the summer season.
- Wear gloves: Something very important is that when you do cleaning or use products that can damage, injure or dry your hands, worry about using gloves to protect them, then wash them and remember to apply the cream.
With these small changes your hands will be able to look much more hydrated and smoother, which will eventually bring good result by slowing down the ageing process of your hands.
What's Your Reaction?
Nouha is a passionate journalist and a beauty lover with valuable knowledge in the health and wellness industry. Nouha worked closely with nurses and doctors treating patients with diabetes, sleeping disorder and anxiety. Nouha is currently studying to become a nurse at the University of Glasgow, Scotland.